Mankiewicz Gebr. & Co. was founded in 1895 as an independent subsidiary of the English paint factory Robert Ingham, Clark and Felix Mankiewicz initially for the sale and later for the manufacture of high-quality paints for coaches according to original English formulae.
In 1930, paint manufacturer Ottmar J. Grau acquired the company from the Mankiewicz family heirs. Since the 1980s the company has been managed by the current managing partner Michael Ottmar Grau.
Investments in the areas of research and development, as well as modern production facilities are the basis for successful business development worldwide.
Worldwide, Mankiewicz now has more than one thousand four hundred employees.